Anastasia de Waal
Anastasia de Waal is a social policy analyst and Head of Family and Education at the think tank Civitas. A qualified primary school teacher, her work centres on analysing the relationship between social and economic trends and the impact of policy. Her publications include Inspection, Inspection, Inspection and Second Thoughts on the Family
Civitas is the Institute for the Study of Civil Society. The main aims of the organisation are to:
- Discover solutions to social problems.
- Implement pioneering projects to demonstrate what can be accomplished.
- Supply schools with teaching materials and guest speakers.
- Support informed public debate and encourage consensus by:
- Provide accurate factual information on today's social issues.
- Publish informed comment and analysis.
- Bring together leading protagonists in open discussion.